Gridworkz Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: March 20, 2019
Usage of Gridworkz Odoo Cloud Services is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This AUP is incorporated by reference into, and governed by the Gridworkz Cloud Subscription Agreement between you (Customer) and Gridworkz Customers who are found to be violating these rules may see their subscriptions suspended without prior notice. The subscription fees will usually not be refunded.
Illegal or Harmful Use
You may not use Gridworkz Odoo Cloud services for storing, displaying, distributing or otherwise processing illegal or harmful content. This includes:
- Illegal Activities: promoting gambling-related sites or services, or child pornography.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities: Activities harmful to others, promoting fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content: Content that infringes the intellectual property of others.
- Offensive Content: Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content: Malicious and malware content, such as viruses, trojan horses, worms, etc.
- Spam Content: Content that is published for "black hat SEO" purposes, using tricks such a link building / link spam, keyword spam, in order to exploit the reputation of Odoo services for promoting third-party content, goods or services.
You may not use Gridworkz Odoo Cloud services for spamming. This includes:
- Unsolicited messages: sending or facilitating the distribution of unsolicited bulk emails and messages, either directly via Gridworkz Odoo Cloud or indirectly via third-party email services. This includes the use of bulk emails lists. Any mass-mailing activity is subject to the applicable legal restrictions, and you must be able to show evidence of consent/opt-in for your bulk email distribution lists.
- Spoofing: sending emails or messages with forged or obfuscated headers, or assuming an identity without the sender's permission
You may not attempt to compromise Gridworkz Odoo Cloud services, to access or modify content that does not belong to you, or to otherwise engage in malicious actions:
- Unauthorized access: accessing or using any Gridworkz Odoo Cloud system or service without permission
- Security research: conducting any security research or audit on Gridworkz Odoo Cloud systems without written permission to do so, including via scanners and automated tools. Please see their Responsible Disclosure page for more information regarding Odoo security research.
- Eavesdropping: listening to or recording data that does not belong to you without permission
- Other attacks: non-technical attacks such as social engineering, phishing, or physical attacks against anyone or any system
Network and Services Abuse
You may not abuse the resources and systems of Gridworkz Odoo Cloud. In particular the following activities are prohibited:
- Network abuse: causing Denial of Service (DoS) by flooding systems with network traffic that slows down the system makes it unreachable, or significantly impacts the quality of service
- Unthrottled RPC/API calls: sending large numbers of RPC or remote API calls to our systems without appropriate throttling, with the risk of impacting the quality of service for other users.
- Note: Odoo provides batch APIs for imports, so there should be no need for this. Throttled calls are typically acceptable at a rate of 1 call/second, with no parallel calls. Exceptions may be authorized on a case-by-case basis - please contact us if you think you need one.
- Overloading: voluntarily impacting the performance or availability of systems with abnormal content such as very large data quantities, or very large numbers of elements to process, such as email bombs.
- Crawling: automatically crawling resources in a way that impacts the availability and performance of the systems
- Attacking: using the Gridworkz Odoo Cloud services to attack, crawl or otherwise impact the availability or security of third-party systems
- Abusive registrations: using automated tools to repeatedly register or subscribe to Gridworkz Odoo Cloud services, or registering or subscribing with fake credentials, or under the name of someone else without their permission.